Arboreal neighbours

On my visit to Kalladikode in Palakkad district, Kerala, I was fortunate enough to spot a few arboreal friends in the neighborhood. My Nikon D3400 and lots of patience helped me document some of these beautiful creatures. Mr. Abilash Pavuluri, photography mentor and wanna be naturalist helped me with the nomenclature.

We could not identify one jungle fowl. Any help will be appreciated.

Vernal hanging parrot

Indian palm squirrel

Looking for breakfast

White cheeked barbet

Red whiskered bulbuls

Purple rumped sunbird

Oriental magpie robin

Common Indian mynah

Some kind of jungle fowl. Any help to identify this will be appreciated

Jungle babblers - quite a rowdy gang

Lonely jungle babbler looking for breakfast

Black rumped flameback

Black hooded oriole

Black drongo

Common sailor
Hope you enjoyed it. Comments are welcome.

Comments